Assistant Brewer / Cellarman
Here is a unique and exciting opportunity to work in a small team in a growing brewery. Maybee Brew is hiring an Assistant Brewer / Cellerman to work in our production brewery on Wilsey Rd. in Fredericton. We are looking for someone passionate about beer, who is hard working and takes great pride in their work producing high quality craft beer. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Head-Brewer in all brewhouse operations including: milling grain, wort production, CIP and cleaning of brewhouse, fermenters, kegs and other equipment;
- cold crashing, resting and dry hopping beers according to production schedule;
- maintaining a clean and organized warehouse area, and inventory of malt, hops and yeast;
- carbonation and conditioning;
- proper yeast handling and harvesting
- ensuring safe handling and use of chemicals, adhering to all brewery SOP’s;
- leading packaging in cans, bottles and kegs ensuring cleanliness and sanitation and the highest quality of the finished beer;
- Other related duties as required.
- Candidate must be able to safely and repeatedly lift 100lbs.
In your cover letter please outline your brewery experience and/or education. Also let us know: what special skills or qualities do you bring to your work?
Experience working in the craft beer or alcohol industry would be great assets in this position.
Please drop off your resume and cover letter in person at Maybee Brew, 559 Wilsey Rd., and ask for Paul.
About us: We are a family-owned local brewery specializing in small batches of quality beer. We’re small, but we’re growing fast. We work hard, and we love what we do. We love Fredericton and New Brunswick. We have an amazing team, and are looking forward to bringing more awesome people on board.
Application deadline: Friday, September 22